Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lesson #10 Assignment

I have used technology to increase my knowledge of my content area through several venues. First, I LOVE historical movies and documentaries. I think they can be really powerful in the classroom as well. I also have found hundreds of really rich sources to use while preparing lesson plans on the internet.

I have used technology to collaborate with classmates mostly through email. Blackboard has been an enormous help for when I need to get ahold of someone from a class. I have also used the directory on route y when I have been desperate enough to have to call someone.

In my classroom, I will use technology to give the kids variety in what I teach. I want to use Prezi, and some other really awesome history websites with interactive maps I've found. I definitely want to show my kids video clips that are short and entertaining as well as educational. It would be really neat to have the resources to also do internet searches with my class.

I actually feel like I've learned a lot in this class that I will definitely use. I definitely want a class website to keep things organized for students and parents. I also want to be able to use all the small tools we learned about like pollseverywhere.com, smartboards, PLNs, etc. In fact, there are not any things I learned in this class that I won't use eventually.

This class has been awesome. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment