Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lesson #4 Assignment

Plans for Video:

Well, the video is already posted below, but I will tell you my plans anyway. I knew I wanted to do a sample student assignment for the video. I decided to focus on geography because it is part of the state core and one that can often be hard to help kids relate to. The purpose of the assignment was to help them make personal connections with each of the five themes of geography.

First Frame: Picture of a road map with "Location" written across the top. Audio will say how location relates to me because of my necessity to know addresses on road trips.

Second Frame: Picture of hike with "Place" written across the top. Audio will say it relates because of the natural landscape.

Third Frame: Picture of Lake Powell with "Human-environment interaction" written across the top. Audio will describe how man has changed the land to make Lake Powell.

Fourth Frame: Picture of Thai restaurant with "Movement" written across the top. Audio will say how thai food moved here to America.

Fifth Frame: Picture of Provo sign with "Region" written across the top. Audio will describe how this region is the "Provo bubble."

Finally, the last portion will be a short video with me describing what I learned from this assignment.

Again, this is meant to be an example for the kids to use while making their own videos.

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment